|NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan speaks at the meeting|
Following the first meeting of the National Steering Committee and Organising Committee for AIPA 41 in November last year, the head of the Organising Committee signed a decision establishing the AIPA 41 National Secretariat and sub-committees, which have adjusted the organisation of AIPA 41 towards teleconferencing.
Speaking at the meeting, NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan said the NA of Vietnam has proposed organising the 41st General Assembly of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly in the form of a teleconference at Hanoi’s International Convention Centre on September 8-10.
She highlighted the significance of preparations for the event, from the technical infrastructure to the content, logistics, and communications work, saying content preparation requires close coordination between the relevant agencies in order to reach consensus among AIPA member and observer countries.
The top Vietnamese legislator sent a letter last March to the heads of AIPA member legislatures and the AIPA Secretary General on the COVID-19 pandemic, calling on them to join hands with the government in the fight. Her appeal has received a warm response in AIPA member parliaments.
The ASEAN Leaders’ Interface with Representatives of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly was also held online within the framework of the 36th ASEAN Summit in June.
- Vietnam works to promote role of AIPA
- NA Vice Chairwoman meets diplomats of ASEAN countries, AIPA observers
- Vietnam ready for AIPA 41
- Role of young parliamentarians highlighted within AIPA 41’s framework
- Important issues on table during AIPA 41’s second working day
- AIPA’s 41st General Assembly opening with ASEAN cultural diversity on display
- AIPA 41: Cambodian NA Secretary General appreciates Vietnam’s initiatives
- AIPA cooperation crucial in mitigating COVID-19’s impact on society
- ASEAN, AIPA work together toward new development path
- AIPA committees seek post-COVID 19 recovery methods