Transparent face masks have been produced since June, inspired by the idea that the smiles could be seen despite wearing a mask. From the beginning of July, LEAF – US medical supplies – launched the clear mask recognized by FDA. According to this brand, the mask is equipped with a N99+ HEPA filter, destroying 99.99% of a wide variety of microbes.
Waterproof and reusable up to one month as it is, the mask costs $49.
“We designed Leaf to be transparent so we could be our normal selves even in abnormal times,” states the LEAF team.
According to Independent, the transparent face masks strike people’s curiosity about strange and fashionable items. Earlier, this mask was worn as accessories of fashion icons in London Fashion Week 2020 when COVID-19 exploded.
An important usage of transparent face mask is that it is helpful for deaf people, especially in communication.
For those who like technology, the LEAF Pro works in tandem with an iOS/Android app to control ventilation and check air quality in your immediate area. It will also give you information about your metabolism and CO2 levels.
Asian markets now begin to research and produce this kind of mask. However, it meets concerns about the clear mask’s side effects. As being made from plastics, it seems not to be eco – friendly.
Although there is no verification on its quality, the mask is being sold rampantly on online bases, from 110,000 VND do 170,000 VND. The expensive cost also put a challenge to attract consumers.
- Vietnamese celebs go for transparent masks in time of coronavirus
- Free ‘face mask ATM’ comes into operation in HCM City
- First face mask ATM makes debut in Hanoi
- First face-mask dispenser goes into operation in HCM City
- U.S President Trump not to support a national mask mandate
- Free ‘face mask ATM’ makes debut in HCM City, Vietnam
- Woman fined for not wearing face mask while using apartment elevator in Ho Chi Minh City
- Low-quality face mask producers publicly shamed
- Mask wearing compulsory on flights