According to Deputy Health Minister Nguyen Truong Son said the patient in Da Nang, had suffered from heart failure and chronic kidney failure for or the past five and a half yearsover as well as type 2 diabetes.
She received treatment at the Da Nang Hospital from July 19- 30 and tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2-virus on July 27. On August 1, the patient suffered from respiratory failure and had to be put on a ventilator and have her blood artificially filtered.
Her death was confirmed on the afternoon of August 2 with causes regarding acute heart failure, myocardial infarction, chronic kidney failure, diabetes and Covid-19.
By August 2 evening, the country has recorded 620 coronavirus infections, with 241 positive cases and six fatalities.
- Sixth Covid-19 patient dies in Vietnam
- One more COVID-19 patient dies due to serious complications
- Two more COVID-19 deaths confirmed, both with multiple comorbidities
- Another COVID-19 patient in Vietnam dies
- Vietnam confirms second COVID-19 death with multiple comorbidities
- Vietnam records 2 more COVID-19 deaths, both with multiple comorbidities
- Vietnam reports second Covid-19 death
- Second COVID-19- related death in Vietnam
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 deaths
- Vietnam records first COVID-19 death with end-stage renal failure