The woman, tagged “Patient 429,” also suffered from diabetes, chronic heart and kidney failure for the past five and a half years. She was treated at the Da Nang Hospital from July 19 to July 30, running dialysis three times a week, said Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son.
She tested positive for the novel coronavirus on July 27. At around 12:30 p.m. Saturday, she suffered from respiratory failure and had to have her blood artificially filtered continuously starting 9 a.m. Sunday. She was pronounced dead at around 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
Her causes of death included acute heart failure, myocardial infarction, chronic kidney failure, diabetes and Covid-19.
Sunday alone saw three Covid-19 deaths, all patients with several underlying conditions.
Vietnam has recorded 620 Covid-19 cases so far, 241 being active cases.
- Vietnam confirms two more Covid-19 deaths
- Another COVID-19 patient in Vietnam dies
- Two octogenarian women succumb, Vietnam Covid-19 death rises to five
- Two more COVID-19 deaths confirmed, both with multiple comorbidities
- Vietnam records 2 more COVID-19 deaths, both with multiple comorbidities
- Second COVID-19- related death in Vietnam
- Vietnam confirms second COVID-19 death with multiple comorbidities
- Vietnam reports second Covid-19 death
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 deaths