Vietnam’s central coastal city of Danang, home to the first locally-infected coronavirus cases after months, has built two makeshift hospitals for Covid-19 patients amid rising local infections.
The first temporary hospital is a 200-bed hospital located at Hoa Vang Clinic in Hoa Vang outlying distirct, operational since July 31.
The second one is located in a 94,000-square-meter sports center in Hai Chau district and capable of housing 700 beds and up to 1,000 when needed, offering treatment to patients with mild symptoms.
This big field hospital is expected to come into operations on August 4 after four days of set-up.
Vietnam’s leading private conglomerate Vingroup has donated 100 ventilators. VSmart VFS-510, an invasive ventilator based on the design of Medtronic, can be used for both adult and paediatric patients.
In addition, Vingroup’s Vinmec hospitals will be ready to lend medical equipment and health workers for the clinic sites in Danang. Vinmec Danang Hospital will offer treatment to patients with coronary intervention, bone trauma, and traumatic brain injury.
At present, some hospitals treating Covid-19 patients in Danang include Danang Hospital, a general hospital, that specializes in those of critical conditions, Danang Lung and Respiratory Diseases Hospital for critical patients, and Hoa Vang Clinic focuses on those of mild symptoms and those with hemodialysis.
Covid-19 patients are also treated at Quang Nam General Hospital in the neighboring province of Quang Nam and Hue Central Hospital in the neighboring province of Thua Thien-Hue.
The return of coronavirus in Vietnam since July 25 has caused 204 community infections and five deaths.
Since the pandemic broke out in Vietnam in late January, the country has built one field hospital in Ho Chi Minh City to take care of casualties on-site.
- Da Nang’s Hoa Vang field hospital ready to treat COVID-19 patients
- Field hospital in Hoa Vang ready for COVID-19 patients
- Vinsmart ventilator approved by Health Ministry
- Vingroup donates 100 ventilators to Da Nang hotspot
- Field hospital in Da Nang ready to contribute to COVID-19 fight
- Vietnam sets up special task force in Danang as local infections surge
- Vietnam confirms new 15 local Covid-19 infections in 2 days
- Vingroup presents ventilators to Russia, Ukraine and Singapore
- Da Nang sets up more field hospital for COVID-19 treatment