Among the 30 newly detected cases ranging from No 591 to 620, Da Nang reported 16 cases, the central Quang Nam 9, the central highlands province of Dak Lak 2 and Dong Nai, Khanh Hoa and Ha Nam provinces got one each.
In addition to the confirmed cases of local transmission, there is one imported case who is a 21-year-old male patient returning from the US and was isolated right after entry.
With the detection of more new coronavirus cases, the number of COVID-19 patients in Vietnam has amounted to 620 so far, with 34 confirmed on August 2 alone, and 306 imported cases who were kept in quarantine right upon arrival.
Of the total positive cases in treatment, 373 (60.2%) have recovered so far. Over the course of three days from July 31 to August 2, the country recorded five deaths related to the novel coronavirus, most of the fatalities being elderly people with several chronic diseases.
The total tally of coronavirus cases associated with the outbreak in Da Nang climbed to 173 since July 25. Among the active patients, six have tested negative for the SARS-CoV-2 virus once, and eight at least twice.
A total 94,216 people coming into close contact with infected patients or entering the nation from pandemic-hit areas are under quarantine across the country.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on August 2 chaired a cabinet online meeting with localities to discuss solutions to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Government chief ordered that epidemic-hit areas should be zoned off swiftly to slow the further spread of the disease and social-distancing measures need to be enforced in epidemic-hit localities, not nationally.
Amid the rapid and complicated developments of the pandemic, provinces and cities nationwide, especially those having returnees from Da Nang epidemic centre have intensified mass COVID-19 testing, zoned off affected areas and moved to trace down those who had come into close contact with COVID-19 suspected patients in a bid to prevent the spread of the virus to the wider community as early as possible.
- Vietnam confirms four new COVID-19 cases, bringing tally to 590
- Eight imported cases of coronavirus from Russia raise national tally to 381
- Four new COVID-19 cases recorded on August 2 morning
- Coronavirus: Vietnam confirms five more cases of community transmission
- 37 new coronavirus cases bring total count to 546
- More cases of COVID-19 infection reported in Vietnam.
- Vietnam confirms 12 more COVID-19 infection cases on August 1 morning
- COVID-19: 12 more imported cases detected, Vietnam has 396 cases
- August 1 afternoon sees Vietnam record 28 new infections
- COVID-19: Another imported case confirmed, Vietnam has 373 cases