The Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Can Tho branch (VCCI Can Tho) has launched an online portal and consultancy on the EU-Viet Nam Free Trade Agreement for the benefit of businesses in the Cuu Long (Mekong Delta) region.
Speaking at a ceremony held to announce it in the delta city on Friday, Nguyen Phuong Lam, director of the branch, said the trade deal (EVFTA), which takes effect on Saturday, offers many opportunities as well as challenges to businesses, especially in the delta.
It would help increase Viet Nam’s exports to EU member countries by 45 per cent by 2030 and the country’s GDP by an additional 7 per cent in 2029-33, he said.
The new portal would help local businesses thoroughly understand the contents of the agreement, he promised.
It would offer consultancy by independent experts in each specific area of the agreement such as tariff commitments, goods origin rules, Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) measures and Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) agreements, intellectual property rights, registering for and protecting geographical indication (GI), and how to enter the EU market, he listed.
It would also provide up-to-date information about policies, laws and other related content, enabling businesses to take advantage of opportunities and avoid risks, he said.
The experts in the portal advisory board will answer businesses’ queries within three working days besides which all questions will be aggregated and posted on the website, according to the VCCI Can Tho. — VNS
- Portal helps Mekong Delta firms get insights into EVFTA
- Mekong Delta firms see new orders down 80.7 percent due to COVID-19
- Digital transformation helps firms join new supply chain
- Long An province launches tourism portal and app
- EU to remove tariffs on Vietnamese tuna once trade deal takes effect
- Enterprises say national single window must be improved
- Vietnamese and Japan businesses enhance co-operation through online platform
- Businesses explore cooperation opportunities under EVFTA
- EVFTA to come into effect in a month