The extradition agreement between Germany and Hong Kong was signed in 2006. Germany’s decision is said due to Beijing’s new national security law imposed on Hong Kong.
The Chinese Embassy in Berlin issued a statement condemning the move.
Five other countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and the US have also ended their extradition agreements with Hong Kong.
- UK suspends Hong Kong extradition treaty
- Britain going down wrong path over Hong Kong says China
- US ends special trade preferences for Hong Kong
- US Senate passes bill to punish China over Hong Kong
- Hong Kong’s new national security law takes effect
- China threatens to retaliate against any sanctions for Hong Kong-related issues
- Vietnam concerned over unstable situation in Hong Kong
- China threatens to retaliate agaisnt UK over UK citizenship plan for Hong Kong residents
- World news today July 5: WHO records world’s largest one-day COVID-19 cases increase