The program took place against a new wave of the COVID-19 epidemic in Vietnam, setting an urgent mission to collect blood enough for August reserve and ensure safe blood donation under epidemic prevention regulations.
This year’s Red Journey blood donation campaign was organized in the largest scale ever, for the longest period from June 06 to August 02. It attracted blood donors from 42 provinces and cities, the most localities to participate. During two months, more than 100,000 units of blood were collected, 30,000 units more than the set target.
Hanoi, HCMC, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, and Lam Dong have participated in all Red Journey programs since it was launched 8 years ago.
- Blood donation campaign begins in HCM City
- Red Journey comes to Bac Giang, over 570 blood units collected
- Red Journey campaign features a record number of participating localities
- Over 180 outstanding blood family, individual donors honored in Hanoi
- Hundreds donate blood to save Quang Binh accident victims
- Summer Youth Volunteer Campaign 2020 launched in Ho Chi Minh city
- 25 percent of Vietnam’s population have heart disease, high blood pressure
- Summer Youth Volunteer Campaign 2020 launched
- Horseshoe crab blood utilised for COVID 19 vaccine conservationists worry