A COVID-19 patient is treated at a hospital in Mexico City, Mexico (Photo: AFP/ VNA)
Mexico’s health ministry reported a record 9,500 new confirmed cases of coronavirus and 784 additional fatalities.
The Brazilian government reported on Saturday that 1,088 more over the last 24 hours, following the US in terms of the number of COVID-19 infection cases.
South Africa now ranks 5th in the world for COVID-19 active cases with more than 500,000 confirmed cases.
The World Health Organization on Sunday warned that the COVID-19 pandemic may last long.
- COVID-19 updates: Mexico surpasses France to record 5th highest death toll
- HCMC man among four new Covid-19 cases
- COVID 19 WHO warns of lengthy pandemic as cases surge
- Vietnam confirm four more Covid-19 cases Sunday morning
- HCMC man among four new Covid-19 cases in Vietnam
- No new COVID-19 cases reported, Patient 91 discharged from hospital
- Coronavirus cases in Southeast Asia top 150,000 with more than 4,350 fatalities
- Two more Covid-19 infection cases reported on Sunday evening
- COVID 19 World Updates July 13 Over 13 million infected US still leads in number of cases