The new cases bring the total number of COVID-19 patients in Vietnam to 590, including 306 imported cases who were quarantined right upon arrival.
Of the total cases, 373 have recovered so far. There have been three deaths related to the virus.
Also on August 2, two more deaths of COVID-19 were reported, one was a patient in Da Nang and one was n Quang Nam. They both died of serious underlying diseases and COVID-19. So far, 5 deaths of COVID-19 have been reported in Vietnam.
As of August 2 morning, the total number of coronavirus cases linked to the outbreak in Da Nang increased to 144 since July 25.
Among the active patients, six have tested negative for the virus once, and eight at least twice.
A total 94,216 who had close contact with COVID-19 patients or came from pandemic-hit areas are under quarantine nationwide.
- Vietnam confirms four new COVID-19 cases, bringing tally to 590
- Vietnam confirms 12 more COVID-19 infection cases on August 1 morning
- Four new COVID-19 cases recorded on August 2 morning
- Eight more new Covid-19 cases reported in Da Nang this morning
- Vietnam reports two Covid-19 deaths, new infection cases in Da Nang
- 28 new COVID-19 cases recorded on August 1 evening
- Vietnam confirms 12 new Covid-19 cases, all linked to Da Nang hotspot, total 558
- Vietnam confirms 28 new Covid-19 cases, total increases to 586
- Da Nang reports 12 more Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam adds 28 more new coronavirus patients in a single day, total 586