Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung has called on people to raise awareness about preventing and controlling the Covid-19 pandemic, which is evolving with complications in the city.
All the subordinate departments, localities and units in the city must make efforts to curb the spread of the disease, Chung said while chairing a meeting of the city’s Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control on August 1.
As of August 1, more than 72,000 people in Hanoi returning from Danang had voluntarily declared health conditions, enabling the health sector to conduct rapid testing and screening.
The fact that the two SARS-CoV-2-infected cases in Hanoi willingly showed up at health facilities for Covid-19 test has proven that communication is now the measure of utmost importance to prevent and control Covid-19, Hanoi’s mayor stressed.
The current weather situation with rain and mild temperatures could facilitate the spread of the disease, so people need to continue monitoring their own health and promptly detect manifestations of cough, fever or shortness of breath for timely monitoring and testing, the mayor said.
He stated that the rapid antibody test for Covid-19 only provides the initial result which is not totally reliable. Those who tested negative for the coronavirus must continue to self-quarantine, and must immediately notify the health authorities to take PCR test samples if showing any manifestation of fever or cough.
Chung pointed out that the hospital is still the most conducive place for virus transmission, so all medical facilities in the city, both of central and local levels, need to follow the measures of disease prevention such as channelizing patients, providing disinfectant solution, enforcing the wear of face masks, and measuring body temperature.
Health facilities in the city are required to continue conducting rapid testing on those who have returned from Covid-19-hit areas.
- All Hanoians returning from Danang test negative for Covid-19 via screening
- Covid-19 tests required for all Hanoians returning from Danang
- Hanoi prepares for new Covid-19 cases
- Hanoi re-enters battle against Covid-19 after detecting first local infection
- Hanoi to monitor people returning from Danang following Covid-19 outbreak
- Hanoi shuts bars, karaoke parlors again from August 1
- Hanoi on alert as 20,000 people return from pandemic-hit city
- Hanoi: All people returning from Da Nang after July 16 must test for COVID-19
- Hanoi takes rapid Covid-19 tests on 4,000 returnees from Danang