The first dead patient (patient 524) was an 86-year old Quang Nam resident with underlying health issues of heart failure and chronic kidney failure.
Deputy health minister Nguyen Truong Son said the causes of her death included septic shock, acute respiratory failure, multiple organ failure and Covid-19.
The second fatality (patient 475) was a 83 year- old resident from the central city of Danang, with chronic disease of polyarthritis for 6 years now, and suffering a stomach surgery
Her underlying health issues were acute coronary syndrome, cholecystitis, osteoarthritis, hypertension and COVID-19.
Both patients were diagnosed with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on July 31. The previous three deaths were two men, aged 70 and 61, and a 68-year-old woman in central Da Nang city. They all suffered several underlying conditions prior to their deaths, including hypertension, diabetes, leukemia and kidney failure.
By August 2 noon, Vietnam recorded a total of five deaths relating COVID-19, with most of them being old people who had multiple chronic diseases.
- Vietnam records 2 more COVID-19 deaths, both with multiple comorbidities
- Vietnam confirms two more Covid-19 deaths
- Another COVID-19 patient in Vietnam dies
- Vietnam confirms second COVID-19 death with multiple comorbidities
- Second COVID-19- related death in Vietnam
- Vietnam recorded two first COVID -19 deaths, both due to multiple comorbidities
- Vietnam records three COVID -19 related deaths, both due to multiple comorbidities
- Vietnam sees two more deaths from coronavirus, total reaches 5
- Vietnam reports second Covid-19 death
- First COVID-19 patient to have died in Vietnam