Vinmec Stem Cell Research and Genetic Technology Research Institute (Vingroup Group) has successfully developed two sets of SARS-CoV-2 virus test kit (VinKit), reaching the same quality as recommended diagnostic bio-products of the World Health Organization (WHO).
The difference between the 2 sets – VinKit SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR 1.0 and VinKit SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex RT-PCR – is the implementation process.
While the VinKit SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR 1.0 kit is operated with three independent reactions to confirm the results, the VinKit SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex RT-PCR set combines three independent reactions into one to save biology products, time, and costs, while minimizing operational steps and technical errors.
According to Dr. Nguyen Thanh Liem, Director of the Vinmec Research Institute of Stem Cell and Gene Technology, the VinKit SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex RT-PCR kit is capable of integrating the “3 in 1” reaction, reducing two thirds of the technical steps, increasing the testing speed by 2 times compared to other commercially available kits while ensuring high accuracy with low cost.
Independent testing results from the Central Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, National Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals show that 02 sets of Vinkit are stable, 100% accurate on clinical samples, reaching detection thresholds equivalent to the diagnostic bio-product according to WHO recommendations.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus testing kit is the second production project of Vingroup to cope with the COVID-19 pandemic. In May 2020, a ventilator developed by Vinsmart Company (of Vingroup Group) with a localization rate of up to 70% was licensed by the Ministry of Health, and awarded to Russia, Ukraine and Singapore.
Earlier in April 2020, Viet Nam’s test kit for COVID-19 diagnosis made by the Viet Nam Military Medical University and Viet A Company met all standards defined by the WHO. The kit was also certified as meeting European standards by the United Kingdom, whilst obtaining a Certificate of Free Sale (CFS) in Europe.
- Vietnam successfully develops two sets of SARS-CoV-2 test kits
- Vinmec successfully developed 2 sets of COVID-19 detection kit
- Vietnam successfully tests vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 virus on mice
- Vietnam announces two more SARS-CoV-2 test kits of international standards
- Vietnam invited to join in SARS-CoV-2 vaccine production
- Female scientists honoured with Kovalevskaia Award
- Vietnamese-made Covid-19 test kit used in European countries
- COVID-19 test kit wins Bảo Sơn award worth $60,000
- SARS-CoV-2 in Vietnam now genetically modified and highly contagious