Two of the new infections, “Patient 559” and “Patient 560,” are repatriated citizens quarantined upon arrival.
They flew from from Indonesia to Can Tho Airport in the Mekong Delta on July 29. They are being treated at the Tra Vinh Tuberculosis and Lung Disease Hospital in the nearby Tra Vinh Province.
“Patient 561” to “Patient 565,” aged between 19 and 75, live in Quang Nam Province, which neighbors Da Nang. One of them previously contacted with an infected patient while the remaining are either patients or family members taking care of patients at Da Nang Hospital.
“Patient 566” is from the northern province of Thai Binh, who previously contacted with a patient treated at Da Nang Hospital.
“Patient 567” and “Patient 568,” from HCMC, are also linked to Da Nang Hospital. They are being quarantined and treated at the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
The other patients, numbered 569 to 586, aged between 9 and 86, live in Da Nang. 11 of them are linked to Da Nang Hospital while the remaining seven were reported in districts of Hai Chau, Lien Chieu, Cam Le and Hoa Vang.
With 28 new infections, Vietnam has recorded 40 new cases in a day.
The country’s Covid-19 tally has risen to 586 Covid-19 cases, including 213 active patients after 373 have recovered. Three patients have died in the past two days, all with chronic diseases.
Since the disease returned among Vietnam’s community last Saturday, it has spread to six cities and provinces, with 109 cases in Da Nang, 21 in Quang Nam, seven in HCMC, two in Hanoi. Quang Ngai Province in the central region and Dak Lak Province in the Central Highlands have reported one each.
Da Nang, now Vietnam’s largest Covid-19 hotspot, began a 15-day period of social distancing on Tuesday. City authorities planned to set up a field hospital in Hai Chau District to treat Covid-19 patients since several hospitals are under lockdown.
Now more than 91,000 are in quarantine in the nation.
Worldwide, more than 683,800 Covid-19 patients have been confirmed dead.
- Five more Covid-19 patients confirmed in Quang Nam province, tally hits 464
- Vietnam records seven more Covid-19 community transmissions
- COVID-19 Updates (July 31): Vietnam confirmed 45 new patients
- Vietnam confirms five more Covid-19 community cases
- Vietnam confirms 37 new Covid-19 infection cases, total rising to 546
- Vietnam reports seven more community cases of Covid-19
- First COVID-19 patient to have died in Vietnam
- Vietnam reports nine more Covid-19 cases related to Da Nang outbreak
- Third Covid-19 patient dies in Vietnam
- 45 patients, family members at Da Nang hospitals infected with Covid-19