The establishment of this field hospital comes following a decision made on July 31 by Da Nang’s Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control. In preparing to be put into operation, the field hospital has received great support from staff at the Hoa Vang medical centre as well as local agencies, organisations, and individual donors.
The 200-bed hospital will be used to quarantine and treat COVID-19 patients, especially those showing severe symptoms and who are enduring a range of complicated underlying diseases.
This comes after the municipal People’s Committee decided to establish a 1,000-bed field hospital located in Tien Son Sport Centre.
Moreover, an additional 12 cases were diagnosed with SARS-CoV-2 on the morning of August 1, increasing the nation’s total amount of COVID-19 cases to 558.
Of the total, 116 can be linked back to the outbreak in Da Nang which was initially detected on July 25.
- Da Nang’s Hoa Vang field hospital ready to treat COVID-19 patients
- Da Nang sets up more field hospital for COVID-19 treatment
- Field hospital in Hoa Vang ready for COVID-19 patients
- Da Nang builds field hospital to treat COVID-19 patients
- Da Nang works around the clock to stamp out COVID-19 outbreak
- Da Nang to build field hospital as three medical facilities remain locked down
- 45 COVID-19 infections detected in Da Nang on July 31 morning
- Vietnam confirms 12 more COVID-19 infection cases on August 1 morning
- Medical workers go into quarantine at Da Nang Hospital
- Additional 11 fresh cases detected in Da Nang, including 4 medical workers