The event was attended by 10 ASEAN ambassadors to Russia. At the meeting, Ambassador Manh updated latest information about the COVID-19 pandemic situation and Vietnam’s activities in 2020 as ASEAN Chair. He proposed measures to strengthen coordination with Russian partners within the AMC framework.
The ambassadors praised Vietnam’s role and efforts in leading the agenda, particularly in the successful organization of the online 36th ASEAN Summit amid the COVID-19 outbreak. They said the disease is an unprecedented pandemic, seriously affecting people’s health and health care system, and causing tremendous economic losses and social negative impacts in the world in general and ASEAN in particular. They hailed the efforts of the Russian authorities in supporting the diplomatic missions of ASEAN countries in preventing and controlling the disease.
- Indonesian Ambassador to ASEAN hails Vietnam’s leading role
- Vietnam plays huge role in 25-year ASEAN development: Russian expert
- ASEAN applauds the US’s East Sea stance
- ASEAN to press on with set priorities despite COVID-19
- EU Ambassador applauds Hanoi ASEAN Summit, bilateral ties
- Indonesian scholar recommends ASEAN summit’s agenda
- New Straits Times highlights Vietnam’s contributions to ASEAN
- Vietnam receives rotating ASEAN Committee Chairmanship in Switzerland
- 25 years of joining ASEAN: Filipino Ambassador hails Vietnam as valuable partner