Acting Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long (Photo: Van Diep/ VNA)
Acting Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said since the first COVID-19 case was detected in Da Nang, the Ministry of Health determined that the epidemic is getting more and more complicated and needs quick and timely response. After detecting several COVID-19 community transmission cases, the Ministry of Health analyzed epidemiological factors but has not found any relation between community transmission cases and COVID-19 cases in hospitals in Da Nang. The Ministry of Health has set up a special task force in Da Nang to monitor the epidemic.
The Ministry has asked localities to make a list and closely monitor those returning from Da Nang, asking them to contact local medical staff for COVID-19 testing and supervision if necessary.
Other COVID-19 hotspots, including Quang Nam province, Hanoi, and Ho Chi Minh city, are required to work out scenarios to search for and monitor those returning from Da Nang to prevent the spread of the disease.
- All-out efforts needed to minimize COVID-19 deaths in Da Nang
- Breaking: Vietnam confirms 45 new Covid-19 community transmission cases in Da Nang city
- Vietnam’s health ministry confirms four new Coved-19 cases in major cities
- Special task force established to deal with COVID-19 in Da Nang
- Da Nang hotspot records spike of 45 coronavirus cases over 12 hours
- Hanoi tests all persons returning from Da Nang
- It’s official: Vietnam confirms 416th COVID-19 case in Da Nang as the return of community transmission after 100 days
- Additional 12 fresh cases of local transmission confirmed in hotspot Da Nang
- Meeting seeks solutions to curb spread of COVID-19