The Prime Minister made the statement at a meeting with key leaders of regional provinces and cities as part of his working agenda with economic regions nationwide to boost public investment disbursement and realize set socio-economic targets amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Phuc asked localities to stay vigilant and exert more efforts as the epidemic is growing complicatedly in the central region while the world economy is falling sharply. He said the region is not just a hub of agriculture, rice, fruit, and fisheries production but also a driver of the national economy. He urged for stronger measures and breakthrough initiatives in investment and finance to attract more foreign investment in the country’s infrastructure development, urban economic development, night-life economy, and digital economy.
- Key economic regions strengthen connectivity
- PM urges central, Central Highlands provinces to speed up public investment disbursement
- PM: Private sector – a driver of the economy
- Ministry speeds up public funds disbursement in Central region, Mekong Delta
- Gov’t sets up delegations to inspect public investment disbursement
- HCM City urged to hasten public capital disbursement
- PM checks disbursement of public investment in Ninh Binh
- PM urges HCM City to disburse public investment funds
- PM seeks new measures to achieve highest growth possible
- Prime Minister lays emphasis on public investment disbursement