Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Phu Quoc and Hoi An in Vietnam have been honoured by Travelers’ Choice Awards 2020 launched by TripAdvisor, the US-based travel planning and booking site.
Phu Quoc island in Kien Giang province was listed among the emerging destinations
Travelers’ Choice Awards, the most prestigious awards of TripAdvisor, aim to honour the “Best of the best” categories of hotels, destinations, attractions, brands and products, based on all reviews, ratings and archives from travelers around the world.
This year, Phu Quoc Island in Kien Giang Province was listed among the emerging destinations. The site emphasised that the island’s white sands and tropical waters entice beachgoers from all over the globe. Snorkelling, scuba diving and fishing are the most popular water sports here, though jet-skiing, wind sailing and squid fishing—yes, squid fishing—are also at your vacationing fingertips.
Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City ranked seventh and 12th among the trending destinations in the world. According to TripAdvisor’s travellers, Da Nang is laid-back and friendly. Culinary tours and exploring the limestone caves and Buddhist grottos of the Marble Mountains are hugely popular ways to literally experience the local flavour.
The site also noted that the bustle in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s largest city, sets the cultural and economic pace for the country.
Vietnam’s capital city of Hanoi and Hoi An City were honoured with the 15th and 17th positions in the list of 25 popular destinations. “The charming Vietnamese capital has aged well, preserving the Old Quarter, monuments and colonial architecture, while making room for modern developments alongside”, said TripAdvisor.
The website’s travellers considered Hoi An, on the central Vietnamese coast, as a well-preserved example of an important Southeast Asian trading port, which it was from the 15th-19th centuries.
Non Nuoc Beach in Da Nang stood tenth among the 25 the most beautiful beaches in Asia as voted by TripAdvisor.
The hotel categories of Travelers’ Choice Awards 2020 also honoured Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa, La Siesta Hoi An Resort & Spa and JM Marvel Hotel & Spa in Vietnam.
Emperor Cruises on Nha Trang Bay also received the prestigious Travelers’ Choice Awards 2020.
- Vietnamese hotels claim Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards
- Vietnam nominated for 11 categories in 2020 World Travel Awards
- Ca Mau launches first express boat service to Nam Du, Phu Quoc
- Vietnam nominated for 11 categories in World Travel Awards 2020
- Three Vietnam hotels make global best list
- Vietnam nominated in 11 categories at World Travel Awards 2020
- Top Vietnam destinations Charming fishing villages in Phu Quoc for a memorable trip
- Hanoi aims to receive 11 million domestic tourists in H2
- High-speed boat linking Ca Mau, Nam Du, Phu Quoc launched
- Vietnam receives 11 nominations in 2020 World Travel Awards