The female patient, 68, died of leukemia, severe pneumonia and COVID-19, said a Health Ministry official, adding the patient was admitted to Da Nang Cancer Hospital on July 28 and died early on August 1 morning.
The woman who also suffered from diabetes and hypertension, had been admitted to Da Nang General Hospital before being transferred to the cancer hospital.
The patient tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus on July 30 and was then placed in quarantine at Da Nang Cancer Hospital for surveillance and treatment.
“She was suffering from leukemia in the final stage alongside severe pneumonia, and COVID-19 is just part of the cause of her death,” said Nguyen Gia Binh, member of the Treatment Sub-Committee under the National Steering Committee on COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
This is the third fatality of COVID-19 in Vietnam.
(To be continued…)
- Third Covid-19 patient dies in Vietnam
- Vietnam loses one more person to Covid-19
- Vietnam records third Covid-19-related death
- Another COVID-19 patient in Vietnam dies
- First COVID-19 patient to have died in Vietnam
- COVID-19 Updates (July 31): Vietnam confirmed 45 new patients
- Two COVID-19 cases in Da Nang put on ventilator, receive ECMO
- Vietnam confirms second COVID-19 death with multiple comorbidities
- Vietnam reports first death from heart attack, severe underlying disease, and COVID-19
- Vietnamese Covid-19 patient dies