Authorities in An Giang Province have detained 41 people who illegally entered Vietnam from Cambodia.
41 people entered Vietnam illegally
On July 31, Colonel Tran Quoc Khanh, vice head of the Military Command of Border Guard of An Giang Province said they had detected and seized a group of 41 people entering Vietnam via eight boats while patrolling along the Tien River. There were 20 adults and 21 children from several families.
They have worked with the Customs Department of the Vinh Xuong Border Gate to transfer the boats and people to the border checkpoint for investigation.
Initial investigation shows that they live in Siem Reap and Posat provinces in Cambodia. Due to the difficulties, they wanted to move to Vietnam. All 41 people in the group lacked personal papers.
The border guards warned the families and persuaded them to return to Cambodia, especially as Vietnam is experiencing a Covid-19 outbreak.
- Many people detained in Quang Ninh for entering Vietnam illegally
- 33 detained for illegally entering from China
- Nine detained for illegally entering from Cambodia
- 45 people arrested in Quang Ninh after illegally entering the country
- Dozens detected illegally entering Vietnam from China
- 14 illegally cross into Vietnam
- Vietnamese migrants detected illegally entering Quang Ninh
- Borders under strigent control to contain the coronavirus
- Pigs smuggled in from Cambodia
- Three prosecuted for organising illegal entry