Many passenger trains have halted operations because of poor demand following the Covid-19 outbreak.
According to a representative from Vietnam Railways Corporation, train SE21/SE22 from HCM City to Quang Nam’s Tra Kieu area will be suspended from August 3. Train SQN2 from HCM City to Quy Nhon in Binh Dinh Province and train SQ1 from Quy Nhon to HCM City will follow suit from August 2 and August 3 respectively.
Many passenger trains have halted operations because of poor demand following the Covid-19 outbreak
Meanwhile, train SE17 connecting Hanoi and Dong Hoi City in Quang Binh Province has been suspended since July 30. The suspension for the train QB10 from Dong Hoi to Hanoi will start from August 2.
The train NA3 on Hanoi-Vinh route has been suspended since July 30 and train SP1 from Hanoi and Lao Cai was ceased from July 31.
Vietnam Railways has also changed the train schedule on Hanoi-Yen Bai route from August. From August 8, the train YB3 is only run every Saturday and YB4 is operated on every Sunday.
Earlier, the firm has suspended the train pair SE11/SE12 on Hanoi-HCM City route.
Passengers are allowed to return or change their tickets and schedule free of charge.
- More Hanoi – HCM City trains to be reopened
- More trains to be run to meet travel demand
- More tourist trains on Hanoi-Lao Cai route to be operated
- More trains arranged to serve tourists from Danang
- Additional trains to operate during summer
- North-South, tourism twin-trains operate daily in July
- First train of Hanoi’s second metro line undergoes test run in France
- Vietnam Railways Corporation launches app to sell tickets
- VNR launches app to sell tickets