The Swiss consulate general in HCM City will mark Switzerland’s 729th National Day, August 1, by lighting up the Landmark 81 Building in its national colours from 7:30pm to 8:30pm on Saturday.
The day is celebrated to mark a historic alliance concluded in 1291 by the three cantons of Uri, Schwyz and Unterwalden.
The alliance became the spiritual founding moment of Switzerland.
The consulate said it is “privileged and proud to commemorate its nation’s 729th birthday together with its friends in HCM City.”
It invited the public to join the Swiss community to virtually celebrate the say at www.missione1agosto.org.
Viet Nam and Switzerland will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the establishment of bilateral diplomatic relations next year. — VNS
- Three Vietnamese scientists awarded Alexandre Yersin prize
- Switzerland and Vietnam launch a joint research program
- Vietnam expects to boost trade with Switzerland
- Can Tho, Switzerland strengthen multifaceted cooperation
- Vietnam seeks to forge trade ties with Switzerland
- Infantino staying on as FIFA blasts Swiss probe
- HCMC always creates favorable business condition for foreign investors
- Three Vietnamese scientists awarded the Alexandre Yersin
- HCM City plans host of activities to mark National Day
- Potential for Vietnam-Switzerland cooperation in digital transformation: experts