As of 31 July 2020, Vietnam had 509 confirmed COVID-19 cases
(Photo: the Ministry of Health)
Aged between 27 and 87, they are either patients or family members taking care of patients at three different hospitals in the central city. 33 of them are linked to Da Nang Hospital, four to Da Nang Hospital for Lung Diseases and two to Da Nang Oncology Hospital.
Four other patients are staying at a hotel where kidney patients of Da Nang Hospital are isolated, and two are at the medical center in the city’s Cam Le district.
They bring to 93 the total infections reported in Vietnam since the disease resurfaced last Saturday, with Da Nang alone accounting for 79.
Community transmissions have spread to five other cities and provinces: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai and Dak Lak.
The 45 new cases are the most infections reported in one day in Vietnam since the first cases were detected in the country in February.
Vietnam has now confirmed 509 COVID-19 patients, of whom 369 have recovered.
- 45 patients, family members at Da Nang hospitals infected with Covid-19
- 45 new community transmission cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Da Nang
- Vietnam reports 45 single-day Covid-19 infections, a record high
- Da Nang records eight more Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 45 new Covid-19 patients
- 11 new community infections of COVID-19 detected in Da Nang
- 45 COVID-19 infections detected in Da Nang on July 31 morning
- Local Covid-19 cases rise to 30, eight more confirmed in Da Nang
- New local Covid-19 cases rise to 30, eight more confirmed in Da Nang
- Vietnam reports nine more Covid-19 cases related to Da Nang outbreak