Path map of storm within the next 48-72 hours
At 7AM of July 31, the system was located at around 160 kilometers from the eastern part of the Paracel Islands with a maximum wind of 40 to 60 kilometer an hour near its center.
Within the next 24 hours, the tropical depression is likely to move the west- northwestward and turn into a storm.
Tomorrow, the tropical storm will be at around 100 kilometers from the eastern territorial water of the Hainan Island Province (China) with its maximum speed of up to 60-75 kilometers per hour.
The storm will result in rain, thunderstorm spells, big waves of 2 to 5meters and rough sea across the Paracel and Spratly Islands, territorial waters from Binh Thuan to Ca Mau including Phu Quy Island District.
In the next 48-72 hours, the dangerous system is able to move the west- northwestward at a speed of 10 kilometers an hour and make landfall in the Northern and North- Central regions.
By Van Phuc- Translated by Huyen Huong
- Tropical low-pressure zone forms near East Sea
- Heavy rain forecast as tropical depression forms in East Sea
- Tropical depression results in heavy rains across country
- US and Canada weather update July 28 Tropical Storm Isaias to form in the Atlantic
- Most localities of country face torrential rain, thunderstorm
- US and Canada weather forecast July 30: Tropical Storm Isaias knocks on Puerto Rico’s door, could eye Florida next
- US and Canada weather forecast July 30 Tropical Storm Isaias knocks on Puerto Rico s door could eye Florida next
- UK and Europe weather forecast latest July 24 Warning issued to tropical storm Gonzalo with thunderstorm and torrential rain
- UK and Europe weather forecast July 8 Storm Edouard heading straight to UK