Authorities of the central province of Quang Nam have decided to impose social distancing regulations on five more localities amid the reoccurrence of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Under the decision signed by vice chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Tran Van Tan, from midnight August 1, Dien Ban Town and the districts of Dai Loc, Duy Xuyen, Que Son and Thang Binh will have to conform to social distancing regulations for 15 days in line with Government Directive 16 issued on March 31, this year.
A Covid-19 quarantine station in Dien Ban Town, Quang Nam
All local people are asked to stay at home and only go outside in necessary cases such as buying food, supplies and medicine.
People must wear face masks, keep a two-metre distance from one another in public and regularly wash their hands with soap or hand sanitizers.
Gatherings of over two people in public places are banned.
The operation of factories, production facilities, traffic and construction sites, establishments providing essential services and goods and others like post offices, communications, imports, exports and healthcare will remain operational. However, their managers have to take responsibility for ensuring safety of the Covid-19 infection prevention and control measures.
Education and training services, cultural and sporting activities, festivals, fairs, competitions, tourist sites and public transport also have to be suspended.
Companies can allow their staff to work from home in necessary circumstances.
By Thursday morning, Quang Nam had reported five new Covid-19 cases since July 25.
- Quarantine period extended in Quang Nam districts
- Lockdown put on Hai Duong City after three Covid-19 cases reported
- Quang Ngai loosens social distancing rules
- Hoi An turns quite amid pandemic
- Hotels, restaurants reopen in Danang as social distancing eases
- 24 fined for drug possession, flouting social distancing in Da Nang
- Five more COVID-19 patients in Da Nang recover
- Hoi An basks in social distancing glow
- Hanoi enforces social distancing at eateries and bars
- Tam Dao Golf & Resort fined violating social distancing