A newly- formed low- pressure zone enters the East Sea (Photo: NCHMF)
Yesterday afternoon, the zone was centered at around 15.7 to 16.7 degrees north latitude and 116.5 to 117.5 degrees east longitude, at 530 kilometers far from the Paracel Islands’ the eastward.
By this evening, the tropical depression is forecast to be about 100 kilometers from the Paracel Islands, move the west-northwestward and continue to operate stronger.
A dangerous weather condition has formed in the East Sea due to an impact of the system.
Besides that, the tropical low- pressure system will trigger strong operation of the southwest monsoon of up to level 6-8 and big waves of 2 to 4 meters in the Southern and Southern part of the East Sea.
In the mainland, the tropical depression will result in torrential rains across the country.
Amid the forecasts, the Central Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control directed the Northern, North- Central and coastal provinces and cities from Quang Ninh to Ca Mau to urgently take measures to deal with the natural disaster.
By Van Phuc- Translated by Huyen Huong
- Tropical low-pressure zone forms near East Sea
- Heavy rain forecast as tropical depression forms in East Sea
- Most localities of country face torrential rain, thunderstorm
- Rains to end scorching hot spell in northern region
- Country to experience torrential rains on large scale
- US and Canada weather forecasts July 27: Storm Hanna weakens to tropical depression, Hurricane Douglas hreaten Parts of U.S
- US and Canada weather forecasts July 27 Storm Hanna weakens to tropical depression Hurricane Douglas hreaten Parts of U S
- UK and Europe weather forecast latest July 24 Warning issued to tropical storm Gonzalo with thunderstorm and torrential rain
- Vietnam opposes Chinese military drills around Paracel Islands