The move was adopted to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus after the Da Nang outbreak that has been spreading to several localities including Hanoi capital and Ho Chi Minh City.
The city has reported two cases of Covid-19 linked to the Danang outbreak. They had reported themselves separately to health authorities before undertaking tests.
In a statement released on Thursday afternoon, Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Le Thanh Liem ordered to suspend the operation of service facilities and restricting crowds to control Covid-19.
The city temporarily has asked to stop organizing events such as festivals, fairs, investment promotion conferences, conferences, seminars … It is recommended that people refrain from gathering crowds at weddings and funeral ceremony.
The bars and discotheques must temporarily close from July 31.
About 18,000 tourists who had been in Danang have returned to Ho Chi Minh City recently, it added. The restrictions follow similar curbs imposed by the capital Hanoi on Wednesday.
- Hanoi shuts bars, prohibits crowds after two diagnosed with Covid-19
- Da Nang bans gatherings of over 30 people amid Covid-19 outbreak
- HCMC-Binh Duong express boat service frequency cut over Covid-19 concerns
- Hanoi to monitor people returning from Danang following Covid-19 outbreak
- Vietnam Covid-19 Latest News: Da Nang to impose restrictions to stop the spread of coronavirus
- Vietnam records Five more Covid-19 cases in Quang Nam Province, all linked to Da Nang outbreak
- Two new COVID-19 cases linked to Da Nang outbreak