The equipment includes an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) machine and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test kits.
This is part of a project worth 570,000 USD to help the hospital treat COVID-19 patients. The JICA-sponsored project was announced in June.
JICA said it will continue consulting with the Japanese government to assist Vietnam in preventing communicable diseases, including COVID-19.
- JICA provides COVID-19 treatment equipment for Cho Ray Hospital
- Construction project of Cho Ray Viet- Nhat Hospital sped up to provide treatment
- JICA implements aid packages for Vietnamese hospitals
- JICA helps Vietnamese hospitals improve infection control capability
- JICA helping Vietnamese hospitals improve infection control
- Two Covid-19 patients in Danang remain in critical condition
- COVID-19: Critically ill patient in Da Nang on ECMO life support
- Hospitals ready to assist Da Nang in COVID-19 patient treatment
- Two COVID-19 cases in Da Nang put on ventilator, receive ECMO