This year’s National External Information Service Awards saw approximately 1,300 entries in 17 different languages across a range of categories. These include print news in Vietnamese, e-newspapers in Vietnamese, print newspapers in foreign languages, online newspapers in foreign languages, radio, television, photos, and books.
Upon addressing the ceremony, National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan hails the effectiveness of external information works. Indeed, they have contributed to promoting and introducing a positive image of the country, its people, history, and culture, to the world. Therefore, the nation’s prestige and image have been greatly enhanced among international audiences, she says.
This year the organisers award 18 first prizes, 33 second prizes, 44 third prizes, in addition to 80 consolation prizes, totaling 175 winning submissions.
The campaign known as “Vietnam We Thank You – Vietnam co len!” won the initiative award, with creator Wayne Worrell, an English teacher based in Hanoi, launching the scheme together with his friends living in Vietnam. Worrell’s idea comprised of photos urging resilience and thanking frontline workers and doctors for their sacrifices made for the cause of enhancing public safety during the pandemic.
The viral hand washing dance video “Ghen Co Vy”, also known as “Jealous Coronavirus”, which went on to become a worldwide sensation, inspiring countless imitations across the globe and in many different languages, took first prize in the video clip category.
Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Manh Hung and Chairman of the NA Committee for Foreign Affairs Nguyen Van Giau are on hand to present awards to the authors who win the second prizes.
NA Chairwoman Kim Ngan and Politburo member and Head of the Party Central Committee’s Information and Communications Commission Vo Van Thuong award the first prize to a reporter of VOV’s online newspaper for their series of articles known as “East Sea in the middle of the circle of increasingly fierce strategic competition”.
A total of 18 first prizes are presented to groups of authors, including foreigners.
The winners collect their first prizes.
VOV President Nguyen The Ky and VOV Vice President Ngo Minh Hien take a photo alongside the winning authors from VOV.
- Nhan Dan reporters win eight prizes at National External Information Service Awards
- March 30, 2017 deadline for national external information awards submission
- Announcement: The Eighth National External Information Service Awards
- Eighth National External Information Service Awards launched
- Sai Gon Giai Phong Newspaper scoops 9 prizes at HCMC Press Awards 2020
- National Press Awards 2020: Nhan Dan Newspaper wins special prize
- Vietnam wins three prizes at 2020 World Travel Awards
- Winners of National Press Awards on Party Building to be honoured on January 21
- Winners of National Press Awards 2021 honoured