HCMC – The HCMC People’s Committee will meet with relevant departments and agencies this week to consider a proposal to lengthen Metro Line No. 1 to two neighboring provinces, Binh Duong and Dong Nai.
In 2022, Dong Nai and Binh Duong asked the prime minister for approval to extend the Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien urban railway to Bien Hoa City in Dong Nai and Binh Duong’s Di An City.
Under Binh Duong’s proposal, the metro line will run to Binh Thang Ward, Di An City, in which phase one will include a 1.8-kilometer section from Suoi Tien Theme Park Station to Binh Thang Station. The project will be invested by Binh Duong and managed by the HCMC Management Authority for Urban Railways.
Phases two and three of the project, with a total length of 25 kilometers starting from Di An to a station at the center of Binh Duong New City, will be connected with the future Bau Bang-Thi Vai-Cai Mep railway.
Dong Nai proposed that the rail line be extended to Bien Hoa 1 Industrial Park only due to concerns over land clearance difficulties and little space for construction of utility services.
Dong Nai prefers building a transit depot in Di An City, which is two kilometers north of Suoi Tien Theme Park Station, from which there will be two metro lines, with one running to Binh Duong and the other to Dong Nai.
For the metro line to Dong Nai, one option would be to travel across Tan Van Island to Vung Tau T-junction, and the other running along the Cai River to the center of Bien Hoa City.
According to the HCMC portal, the policy of extending the Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro line has been included by the Government into the planning scheme. Once put into service, these metro lines will facilitate the transit of residents between HCMC and Dong Nai, Binh Duong provinces, contributing to reducing traffic congestion on the roads of northeastern HCMC.
The 19.7-kilometer metro line connects the landmark Ben Thanh Market and the Suoi Tien Theme Park in Thu Duc City, which is under the jurisdiction of HCMC. There will be three underground and 11 elevated stations along the railway.
- Vietnam’s HCMC considers to extend long delayed metro line to two neighboring provinces
- Binh Duong proposes bus line linking Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong
- Two more metro trains arrive in HCMC
- First look at ground floor at Ba Son station for Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro train
- Trial operation of HCMC's metro line No. 1 set for Q3
- HCMC urges quick disbursement of Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro line project
- Two more trains for first metro line to arrive in HCMC next week
- Third three-carriage train put on Long Binh Depot railway
- Six wagons of Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro line arrive in HCMC
- HCMC metro train test-run set for tomorrow