The Vietnamese Ministry of Transport decided to suspend all passenger transport services to and from Danang from 12am of July 28, complying with a social distancing order in the resort city.
The decision will be in place in next 15 days to deter the outbreak of the novel coronavirus in the city.
As such, all passenger flights between Danang and other localities are suspended.
Regarding road transport, the ministry requested all inter/intra-provincial transport services including contracted cars, taxis, and buses from/to the city to stop, except for special cases. Passenger vehicles going through Danang are not to be allowed to stop and park in the city.
Train services to Danang are also suspended. North-South passenger trains are not allowed to pick up or drop off passengers at Danang station. Ships and river boats must stop transporting passengers from and to Danang, except for special cases.
Cargo flights and vehicles are not affected by this ban.
In the evening of July 27, Vietnamese air carriers were ordered by the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam to increase the number of airplanes to airlift tourists out of the city before 12pm of the same day.
From 12am of July 28, six districts with around one million people in Danang have been put under lockdown and transport services are banned in the city.
As the first local virus infection was detected in Danang after months without community transmission, measures during the social distancing period will include wearing of face masks in public places and public means of transport, the suspension of non-essential services, entertainment activities and public transport, and limiting private vehicles.
Meanwhile, three hospitals namely Danang Hospital, Danang C Hospital, and Danang Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Hospital, and residential areas nearby will be put under lockdown.
In the past three days, Vietnam reported 15 new SARS-CoV-2 infections in Danang city and Quang Ngai, raising the country’s caseload to 431.
- Suspension of flights from and to Danang extended
- Hotels, restaurants reopen in Danang as social distancing eases
- More bus routes in HCM City suspended
- All flights, buses from and to Vietnam’s Da Nang city suspended due to coronavirus outbreak
- Vietnam confirms new 15 local Covid-19 infections in 2 days
- VietJet Air will conduct four more flights for stranded travellers in Danang
- Hanoi to monitor people returning from Danang following Covid-19 outbreak
- Danang flight routes resume from September 7
- Passenger flow at Hanoi airport surges as domestic tourism recovers
- Danang hospitals under lockdown due to Covid-19