Three hospitals in Danang City have been isolated while social distancing has been applied at six other districts for at least 15 days for Covid-19 prevention starting from July 28.
Danang Hospital, C Hospital and the Orthopedic and Physical Rehabilitation Hospital of Danang have been under lockdown. Sections surrounding the hospitals like Quang Trung, Hai Phong, Ong Ich Khiem and Nguyen Thi Minh Khai streets have been blocked.
Social distancing has also been applied in Hai Chau, Thanh Khe, Son Tra, Ngu Hanh Son, Cam Le and Lien Chieu districts per the prime ministerial directives.
During a meeting on July 27 led by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, the chairman of Danang People’s Committee Huynh Duc Tho said they had been ready to apply social distancing again to prevent the outbreak from inside out and detect new cases as soon as possible.
As of July 28 morning, Danang has detected 14 patients with SARS-CoV-2 including four medical staff at Danang Hospital.
Some photos of the city being locked down at early July 28 morning:
Danang hospitals under lockdown.
- Danang C Hospital reopened after two weeks of lockdown
- Vietnam confirms new 15 local Covid-19 infections in 2 days
- Vietnam cuts all passenger transport services to and from Danang to curb virus spread
- Hanoi to monitor people returning from Danang following Covid-19 outbreak
- Danang field hospital closed as no new Covid-19 patients detected
- Danang hospital quarantined for man tested positive for Covid-19
- Danang sets up field hospitals as local coronavirus infections surge
- Vietnam city imposes social distancing after first local infections in months
- COVID-19 Updates (July 31): Vietnam confirmed 45 new patients
- SARS-CoV-2 in Vietnam now genetically modified and highly contagious