Only official vehicles and those that carry patients, workers, food, and materials for construction are exempt, the Ministry of Transport said.
Ships that transport people from the city to nearby islands too are prohibited from operating.
In Da Nang, home to a population of 1.1 million, 14 people have been diagnosed with Covid-19 since last Saturday, with two of them being placed on ventilators.
The neighborhoods around three hospitals — the Da Nang Hospital, Hospital C and the Orthopedic and Physical Rehabilitation Hospital of Da Nang — have been locked down since the new cases had either been to these places or come into contact with someone from there.
The city has ordered 14 days of social distancing starting on Tuesday. It requires people to maintain a distance of at least one meter from each other and prohibits gatherings of more than 20 people in public, except in offices, schools and hospitals.
Residents are encouraged to stay at home; festivals, religious ceremonies, sports and other events that gather a large number of people are banned; and “non-essential” businesses like beauty salons, massage and karaoke parlors, cinemas and theaters, and bars are closed.
As of Monday night, around 3,000 tourists were still stranded in Da Nang, said Dinh Viet Thang, head of the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam. Most tourists in the city have managed to return home within the last few days, he added.
Vietnam has had 431 Covid-19 cases, 66 of them active.
- Vietnam suspends all domestic flights to and from Da Nang
- Vietnam confirms 11 new Covid-19 patients linked to Da Nang Hospital
- Hanoi shuts bars, prohibits crowds after two diagnosed with Covid-19
- Da Nang bans gatherings of over 30 people amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Danang hospitals under lockdown due to Covid-19
- Breaking: Twelve more suspected cases of coronavirus reported in Vietnam’s Da Nang city
- Vietnam records 11 more Covid-19 community transmissions
- Four patients in Da Nang recover from COVID-19
- HCMC Party chief calls for Wuhan-style lockdown in Da Nang
- Negative results for 33 COVID-19 patients in Da Nang