The eleven new cases include 7 patients and 4 medical workers of the Da Nang Hospital, raising total community infections to 15 in just three days.
With the recent cases found in Da Nang city and Quang Nam province, Vietnam’s patient tally has risen to 431 after months without patients of community transmission. Active patient in Vietnam has surged to 66, said the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
The latest patients were numbered between 421 to 431 and aged between 24 and 70.
The government has decided to impose social distancing measures in 15 days, starting from July 28 and the city plans to test 10,000 residents.
The tourist hot spot has decided to stop receiving visitors and closed “non-essential” services like amusement parks, beauty salons, karaoke and massage parlors, and bars from Sunday afternoon.
Accordingly, residents in Hai Chau, Thanh Khe, Son Tra, Ngu Hanh Son, Cam Le, and Lieu Chieu Districts are requested to stay at home and only go out in case of extreme necessity such as buying food and medicine, emergencies, and working at factories.
The residents are also requested to keep a distance of at least two meters from each other.
A crowd of more than two persons are not allowed outside offices, schools, hospitals and public places.
The central city decided to lock down three hospitals: Hospital C, General Hospital, and Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Hospital where the patients visited just before they were confirmed positive for Covid-19.
In the wake of new Covid-19 community transmissions, Vietnam which received praise from international media has returned to pandemic prevention protocols on aircraft, trains, ships, and buses.
Transport ministry instructed all transport operators to install hand sanitizers in their vehicles and ensure that everyone, including staff, wear masks at the stations and in vehicles.
- Vietnam records 11 more Covid-19 community transmissions
- Vietnam confirms 28 new Covid-19 cases, total increases to 586
- Vietnam reports 11 more Covid-19 cases, all linked to a hospital in Da Nang city, total hits 431
- Vietnam confirms 37 new Covid-19 infection cases, total rising to 546
- Da Nang sets up more field hospital for COVID-19 treatment
- Vietnam confirms two new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms four new COVID-19 cases, bringing tally to 590
- Localities screen Da Nang arrivals as Covid-19 infections resume
- Vietnam reports three new community COVID-19 cases