According to the Ministry of Health the new active patients are aged 24-70, including 7 being treated at Cardiovascular, Active resuscitation, Tropical Medicine and Renal-Endocrinology departments and 4 medical staff of Da Nang Hospital.
After being placed in lockdown on July 26, Da Nang Hospital sent samples to the Center for Disease Control in Da Nang City for testing and subsequently a total of 11 cases came back positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus on July 27.
Currently, the positive patients are being kept in isolation to undergo treatment at Da Nang Hospital.
Of the total 431 active cases in Vietnam, 276 cases are imported and quarantined immediately after their arrival.
To date, there have been more than 11,900 people in quarantine, including 232 people at hospitals and the remaining in quarantine sites or at home.
Among the infected patients, eight tested negative for the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 once and at least twice.
In the face of the increasingly complicated developments of the COVID-19 epidemic, the central city of Da Nang is set to impose social distancing measures in line with Directive No 19/CT-TTg dated April 24 as from 0:00 hour on July 28 for at least 14 days, as ordered by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
Persons traveling from Da Nang to Hanoi, HCM City, and elsewhere must be tested and quarantined if necessary. Those displaying symptoms of flu, fever, and coughing must visit medical facilities as soon as possible, the Government chief said at a meeting with cabinet members on July 27, adding that Da Nang must suspend all public transport and other activities involving large numbers of people in a bid to prevent the SARS-CoV-2 virus from further spreading to the wider community.
- Medical workers go into quarantine at Da Nang Hospital
- Another COVID-19 case confirmed in Da Nang
- Eight imported cases of coronavirus from Russia raise national tally to 381
- Vietnam reports one new imported COVID-19 cases on July 11 morning
- Only 12 active COVID-19 patients in Vietnam
- 50 isolated in Da Nang after a man tested positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Vietnam reports two more community transmissions
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 community transmissions
- 761 people test negative after close contact with COVID-19 patients
- Only 15 active COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment in Vietnam