Danang City has recorded 12 new suspected cases of Covid-19 infection, according to acting Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long.
12 more people suspected of having SARS-CoV-2 in Danang
At the regular meeting about Covid-19 prevention and control, Acting Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said there was no evidence that all four confirmed cases in Danang were infected from the same source. They may have been infected by different people. The virus found in Danang is the new mutation.
Long said community infection might have started since early July and many people have been infected. They have found new 12 suspected cases. The situation is very complicated and may spread to other cities and provinces. He had talked with the Chairman of Danang People’s Committee Huynh Duc Tho about the possibility of implementing social distancing rules in Danang again.
The Ministry of Health agreed to lock down Danang Hospital, C Hospital and the Orthopaedic and Physical Rehabilitation Hospital of Danang.
Since the patient zero in Danang hasn’t been found so they will ask anyone who has come to Danang in the past week to self-isolate. Those who have coughs and fevers will be tested.
“The biggest outbreak is from three hospitals that are located close to each other. The situation is similar to the situation at Bach Mai Hospital,” Long said.
- International flights to Danang suspended after suspected Covid-19-case
- Two Covid-19 patients in Danang remain in critical condition
- Danang hospital quarantined for man tested positive for Covid-19
- 24 Chinese nationals quarantined after illegally entering Danang
- Vietnam detects first local Covid-19 infection after 99 days
- One COVID-19-suspecious case reported in Danang
- One COVID-19-suspicious case reported in Danang
- Two more Covid-19 infection cases reported on Sunday evening
- Another Covid-19 case reported in Danang, raising Vietnam’s tally to 418
- Social distancing rules applied in Danang from Sunday afternoon