A man who has tested positive for Covid-19 virus three times is facing a worsened health condition and is using a ventilator.
Doctor Nguyen Tien Hong, deputy director of Danang Department of Health, said that the 58-year-old man from Hoa Khanh Bac Ward, Lien Chieu District has been staying for the treatment at Danang Hospital for two days.
The patient is staying at Danang Hospital for the treatment
However, today, July 24, his state worsened and he has to use a ventilator.
On July 20, he went to the hospital for a medical check-up following the symptoms of cough, fever and being tired.
The three tests with two conducted on Thursday by the Danang Disease Control Centre and the other by Nha Trang Pasteur Institute today showed that he had tested positive for the virus.
Under the Ministry of Health’s instruction, Danang continues waiting for the result of the fourth test from the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology for an official conclusion about his condition.
Over the past month, the patient did not go out of Danang and he mostly stayed at his house to take care of his grandchildren. He mainly had contact with his relatives and neighbours.
On July 17, despite having fever, he still came to a relative’s house in Lien Chieu District and the following day he attended a wedding party in Hai Chau District.
The municipal Health Department has carried out Covid-19 tests on 102 people who had recent contact with him and all of them proved negative.
- Danang hospital quarantined for man tested positive for Covid-19
- Danang Lung Hospital discharges five recovered Covid-19 patients
- Hanoi to monitor people returning from Danang following Covid-19 outbreak
- Danang shuts down field hospital at indoor stadium
- COVID-19: Vietnam confirms community infection case in Da Nang
- Danang plans to set up field hospital with over 1,500 beds as pandemic rages on
- Two Covid-19-related deaths confirmed on Monday morning
- COVID-19 Updates (July 31): Vietnam confirmed 45 new patients
- Danang field hospital closed as no new Covid-19 patients detected