A 57-year-old man in Lien Chieu District, Da Nang City, tested positive for COVID-19 at a local hospital on Thursday. His samples are being tested again at Nha Trang’s Pasteur Institute for confirmation. He had a high fever and went for a check-up at the Da Nang C Hospital on July 20.
After being suspected of having the SARS-CoV-2 virus, his samples were tested and returned positive twice. Local authorities and health officials are investigating the case to identify the source of the transmission.
Chairing a meeting of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control on Friday, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam acknowledged quick response of the health sector and the authority of Da Nang city. He urged for preparedness of the epidemic prevention and control system and called on medical staff and the army and police forces to be vigilant against new developments of the epidemic.
- People in contact with Da Nang Covid-19 suspect case test negative for the virus
- More than 50 people in contact with a covid patient in Vietnam’s Da Nang city have been quarantined
- 50 isolated in Da Nang after man tests positive for Covid-19
- Da Nang quarantines 50 people having close contact with a suspected patient
- 50 isolated in Da Nang after a man tested positive for coronavirus
- One suspect case of COVID-19 reported in Da Nang
- Vietnam detects a suspect case with COVID-19 in community
- Danang hospital quarantined for man tested positive for Covid-19
- Myanmar man takes Vietnam Covid-19 tally to 413