HCMC – State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc arrived in Seoul today, December 4, beginning a three-day state visit to South Korea at the invitation of South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol.
During the visit, the two presidents will hold talks and witness the signing and exchange of a number of cooperation agreements, reported the Vietnam News Agency.
The President will also meet the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the National Assembly of South Korea, attend a business forum, and have working sessions with Korean business leaders.
He is the first foreign leader to pay a state visit to South Korea since President Yoon took office.
The visit takes place at a time when the two countries are celebrating the 30th anniversary of diplomatic ties, are entering a pivotal period to carry out their own development strategies, especially following the Covid-19 pandemic.
- South Korean President calls for negotiation with Pyongyang to end Korean war
- Vietnam and South Korea: example of parliamentary cooperation
- Congratulations to Republic of Korea on National Day
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc leaves for State visit to Cambodia
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc arrives in Vientiane
- South Korea NA speaker picks Vietnam for 1st foreign trip, economic ties on focus
- Vietnamese PM arrives in Cambodia for official visit
- Vietnam, S.Korea eye US$100b in bilateral trade by 2023
- President of Sierra Leone begins official visit to Vietnam