HCMC – Tran Thanh Man, standing vice chairman of the National Assembly, has said that promoting cooperation between provinces and cities to ensure sustainable growth would help foster regional development post pandemic.
He was speaking at the Mekong Connect 2022 conference held in Can Tho City on November 24. The event was jointly organized by HCMC and members of the ABCD Mekong network, a regional initiative among An Giang, Ben Tre, Can Tho and Dong Thap.
According to Tran Viet Truong, chairman of Can Tho City, HCMC and the Mekong Delta provinces have boosted cooperation in a broad range of issues, including economy, health, education and tourism.
As the regional collaboration endeavors have increasingly gained traction due to rising demands from businesses and local residents, there is still room for improvement, added Truong.
The provincial governments also discussed viable solutions to increase trade, promote connectivity and strengthen integration between localities, with the aim of expanding the market of the Mekong Delta’s agricultural products and specialties.
The initiatives’ goals include improving the communities’ access to safe and high-quality food by establishing interconnected production chains in the region.
During the event, the authorities of HCMC and Mekong Delta provinces signed agreements to work together on projects of enhancing agricultural sustainability in the region.
Since 2015, Mekong Connect has received considerable attention from entrepreneurs, managers, experts and farmers as an annual forum focusing on the development of the Mekong Delta.
- HCMC, Mekong Delta promote domestic tourism for post Covid-19 recovery
- Festival promotes tourism in HCMC, Mekong Delta
- HCM City, Mekong Delta boost regional tourism cooperation
- HCM City, Mekong Delta stimulating tourism
- Festival seeks to boost tourism in HCMC and Mekong Delta region
- Mekong Connect Forum set for next week in Can Tho
- Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta stimulating tourism
- Mekong Delta provinces seek to expand markets for produce
- HCM City, Mekong Delta localities set up tourism linkage council