HCMC – Deputy Minister of Health resigned from his post due to personal reasons from today, November 1.
Son was born in 1964, so he can still work until 2025 before his retirement under the prevailing regulations, but he tendered his resignation in mid-2022, citing his work-related pressure and health problems as the main reason.
Before being picked as deputy minister of health in 2018, Son worked as a hematologist at the HCMC-based Cho Ray Hospital, and was then promoted to the post of director at this hospital.
During the Covid pandemic in the country, Son was appointed as head of the ministry’s Covid response steering committee at the three major hotspots, including Danang, Bac Giang and HCMC.
After his resignation, the Ministry of Health will be led by Minister Dao Hong Lan and three deputy ministers, Do Xuan Tuyen, Tran Van Thuan and Nguyen Thi Lien Huong.
- Vietnam PM appoints acting health minister
- Reason for mass resignation in Bach Mai hospital identified
- 40 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed
- 35 new Covid-19 cases confirmed, 22 in Danang
- Returnee from Angola infected with Covid-19
- Deputy Minister urges HCMC to quarantine direct contacts of Covid-19 cases at home
- Why many health workers in Vietnam’s HCMC have left their jobs?
- Health Ministry to allocate one million more Covid-19 vaccine doses to HCMC
- Health Ministry reports 32 new Covid-19 cases, including 21 in Hanoi
- Deputy health minister examines diphtheria prevention in Dak Nong