HCMC – China held a ceremony at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on October 31 to present a Friendship Order to General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) Central Committee Nguyen Phu Trong, reported the Vietnam news agency.
Speaking at the ceremony, General Secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and President of China Xi Jinping said the Friendship Order is a recognition of the Chinese Party, State and people for Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong and the Vietnamese people for their contributions to developing bilateral relations and orienting and promoting the China-Vietnam comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership in the new era.
Xi, who was recently re-elected for a third term as General Secretary of the CPC Central Committee, said the traditional friendship between the two Parties and countries had grown, with their political trust strengthened and practical cooperation deepened.
Party chief Trong thanked the Chinese Party, State and people for their sentiment for the Vietnamese Party, State, people and himself. He said he was honored to get the noble order from Xi, and that it showed the Chinese Party, State and Xi’s appreciation for the Vietnamese Party, State and people.
The CPV will strive together with the CPC to step up ties between the two Parties, countries and people of Vietnam and China, he noted.
- China’s Xi Jinping condoles on the passing of former Party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu
- Vietnam’s Party leader arrives in Beijing for four-day China visit
- Vietnam’s Party leader set to visit China
- Top leader holds phone talks with Chinese counterpart
- Top leader holds phone talks with new Secretary General of Lao People’s Revolutionary Party
- Former Party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu passes away
- Xi stresses upholding, developing socialism with Chinese characteristics
- Party chief to attend CPC and World Political Parties Summit
- Top leader Nguyen Phu Trong re elected as Party General Secretary