HCMC – A former deputy director of the Dong Nai Province Department of Science and Technology, Nguyen Ngoc Phuong, has been detained on alleged charges of violating regulations on the management and use of the State’s assets.
His subordinate, Tran Thi Huynh Phuong, former chief accountant of the Dong Nai Department of Science and Technology, has also been detained for the same charges at the Dong Nai Biological Technology Applications Center.
The prosecution against the defendants is part of an investigation into irregularities at the expansion project of the greenhouse farming model with VietGAP standards and the greenhouse project at the Dong Nai Biotechnology Applications Center in Cam My District.
The violations in those projects caused a total loss of over VND27 billion to the State’s assets, according to the local police.
Regarding this case, the local police also prosecuted Pham Van Sang, former director of the Department of Science and Technology, and Nguyen Quang Tuan, former director of the Dong Nai Biotechnology Applications Center, in February 2021.
As Pham Van Sang fled the country, the police in Dong Nai Province have requested Interpol to place him on the wanted list.
- Ex-director of Dong Nai’s DPI detained on graft charges
- Owner of fuel firm in Dong Nai detained in major substandard-fuel ring bust
- Former leaders of Phu Bai airport detained over graft charges
- Six ex-leaders and leaders of Binh Duong detained for mismanagement of State assets
- One more arrested in 2.7-million-liter substandard-fuel ring
- Man in Dong Nai detained for dog theft
- Khanh Hoa ex-chairmen detained for alleged land irregularities
- Former HCMC Party deputy secretary, former Binh Duong Party chief face charges
- Former Sagri official dies