HCMC – Investigators at the Ministry of Public Security have written to Thanh Hoa and Quang Nam provinces asking for documents and information about their repatriation flights during the Covid pandemic for an expanded investigation.
The governments of the two provinces were told to review the arrangements of repatriation flights and submit documents on these flights to the investigators for the probe into allegations of bribery at the height of Covid.
The ministry’s investigative agency asked the two provinces to provide documents about the companies involved in the arrangement of repatriation flights, the local media reported.
In addition, the two provinces will have to explain how hotels and resorts were chosen as paid quarantine facilities and provide documents on these hotels and resorts.
Documents about the process of receiving their applications for being converted into quarantine centers and approving the conversion, and a list of officials joining the approval process must also be provided.
Also, the investigators told the two provinces to provide all documents about the firms applying for a license for quarantine services to launch paid flights to transport Vietnamese citizens back to Vietnam. The order is aimed at determining why some firms failed to get a license for quarantine activities and some got a license but failed to arrange repatriation flights.
The investigative agency asked the two provinces to provide all documents prior to November 1.
After receiving the dispatch, the Quang Nam government assigned the provincial Department of Health to work with other relevant departments and agencies to review and check documents related to repatriation flights and quarantine operations as required by the Ministry of Public Security, to send them to the provincial government before October 28.
- South Korea resumes repatriation flights for Vietnam workers
- Aviation authority suggests limiting repatriation flights to Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat
- Danang to temporarily suspend receiving repatriation flights
- Da Nang proposes suspending repatriation flights from foreign countries
- What documents must be prepared for domestic flights as foreigners?
- Khanh Hoa proposes stopping receiving repatriation flights
- Foreigners need additional documents when traveling on domestic flights in Vietnam
- Thai Vietjet to launch semi-commercial flights from Saigon to Bangkok next month
- Vietnam to reopen international air routes from April 1
- Documents required for foreigners when traveling on domestic flights