Vietnam recorded 3,301 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, up by 1,288 from Monday, the ministry of health reported.
All the new cases were locally transmitted, said the ministry.
The newly reported infections brought the total tally to 11,444,927. The country reported two new deaths from the pandemic in the capital Hanoi and the northern Cao Bang province on Tuesday, bringing the total fatalities to 43,132.
As of Tuesday, 190 severe cases were in need of assisted breathing in the Southeast Asian country, according to the ministry.
Nationwide, 10,348,304 COVID-19 patients, or over 90 percent of the total infections, have recovered.
More than 258.8 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in the country, including nearly 220 million shots on people aged 18 and above, said the ministry.
Vietnam has already recorded COVID-19 infections with the Omicron BA.4, BA.5, BA.2.12.1 and BA.2.74 sub-variants, and is accelerating the inoculation of its people with a fourth vaccine dose.
The country recorded 72,324 cases of Covid-19 in August 2022, an increase of 2.4 times, and 24 deaths, an increase of 18 cases compared to July 2022.
The Government, the Prime Minister, and the National Steering Committee for the prevention and control of the Covid-19 epidemic continuously gave instructions to strengthen the drastic implementation of the prevention and control of the Covid-19 epidemic.
Agencies and local administration were required not to relax their vigilance and require the effective implementation of epidemic prevention and control measures with the goal of controlling the epidemic and preventing a re-emergence. Especially, relevant agencies should focus on acceleration of the Covid-19 vaccination roll-out while keeping enough drugs, medical supplies, equipment, and medical personnel for epidemic prevention and control and continue to effectively implement Resolution 38/NQ-CP of the Government.
- After the first Omicron infection detected, Hanoi continues to record highest number of new Covid cases
- Vietnam records 82,126 new coronavirus cases in a single day
- Vietnam records 983 more Covid-19 cases in Tuesday noon report
- Vietnam’s coronavirus tally tops 4M
- 2,861 more Covid-19 infections was recorded on this morning
- Vietnam records biggest single-day rise in Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 55 more Covid-19 patients, Tuesday counts rise to 175
- Vietnam records over 78,700 new COVID-19 cases on Feb 25
- Vietnam logs more than 202,000 new covid-19 cases in a single day