Schoolchildren in Phu Yen Province are vaccinated against COVID-19.
NDO/VNA - Vietnam logged an additional 2,192 COVID-19 cases on August 12, according to the Ministry of Health.
The new infections raised the country’s total caseload since the pandemic broke out to 11,362,540.
A total 5,897 COVID-19 patients were given the all clear on the day, bringing the number of recoveries so far to 10,009,451. There are 116 patients in serious conditions needing breathing support.
One death from COVID-19 was recorded in the past 24 hours. The total fatalities stood at 43,096.
On the day, 630,923 doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered, raising the total number of shots given out to 250,409,815.
Given the appearance of BA.4, BA.5 sub-variants of the coronavirus, especially in southern provinces, the ministry said it will keep a close watch on the situation, and sketch out scenarios and measures to deal with emerging cases.
- Additional 12,663 COVID-19 cases logged on August 29
- COVID-19: 740 cases added to national caseload on June 23
- COVID-19: 769 cases added to national caseload on June 28
- COVID-19: New cases total 685 on June 5
- National COVID-19 caseload increases by additional 12,607 cases
- Vietnam records 11,160 COVID-19 new cases
- COVID-19: Vietnam confirms 888 new cases on June 22
- COVID-19: New cases total 521 on June 20
- COVID-19: Vietnam reports 3,717 new cases on May 1