Nhat Tan Bridge in Hanoi. (Photo: Duy Linh)
NDO - The Prime Minister has signed a decision to set up a council, headed by Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh, to evaluate the national master plan for the 2021-2030 period with a vision towards 2050.
Members of the council include the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Defence, Public Security, Planning and Investment, Natural Resources and Environment, Construction, Defence, Transport, Industry and Trade, Agriculture and Rural Development, Science and Technology, Culture, Sports and Tourism, Labour-Invalids and Social Affairs, Information and Communications, Justice, Home Affairs, Education and Training, and Health.
Leaders of several Government, National Assembly and Party agencies as well as the chairpersons of Hanoi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, Thai Nguyen, Nghe An and Dak Lak are also among the council members.
The council also comprises experts who will present their counter-arguments regarding the plan and the environmental assessment report of the plan.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment is the standing agency of the council, which will be dissolved automatically after the plan is approved by the National Assembly.
- Regional Planning Appraisal Council set up
- PM submits proposal on new Cabinet members
- Resolution on appointment of 18 ministers, four cabinet members passed
- 16 Politburo members, 4 Party Secretariat members nominated for NA election
- PM presents nominations for new Cabinet members to NA
- NA approves relief of Deputy PM, ministers, cabinet members
- 36th ASEAN Summit to be held online on June 26
- Working group established to promote foreign investment
- Ministry asked to review draft master plan on 10-year development of airports