A shot taken by Cao Nguyen Vu captures hundreds of fishing boats anchored in Quang Ngai Province. (Photo courtesy of Hamdan International Photography Awards)
NDO/VNA - A photo titled “Matrix of boats” taken by Vietnamese photographer Cao Nguyen Vu took the first place title at the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum international photography award (HIPA).
The photo shows boats anchored in the central province of Quang Ngai as they seek shelter from typhoon No. 9 in 2020, reported Radio the Voice of Vietnam (VOV).
The 38-year-old photographer came first in the nature’s general colour category, thereby receiving a cash prize totaling 15,000 USD.
The annual photo contest HIPA was first held back in 2011 with total prizes of up to 400,000 USD. The winner of the grand prize was awarded 120,000 USD.
- Vietnamese photographers win int'l food photography awards
- Vietnamese photographer honoured at International Photography Awards 2021
- Water lily harvest shot by Vietnamese photographer wins international prize
- Vietnamese photographer wins place in Sony World Photography Awards 2022
- Vietnamese photographer wins gold at international photo contest
- Vietnamese boy wins international landscape photography gold award
- Vietnamese photographer wins place in 50 best photos of #Green2020
- Two Vietnamese photographers claim prizes at Int l Monochrome Awards 2020
- Beautiful Vietnam in the series of aerial photography winning international award